Blog Archive

Friday, October 19, 2012

Busy Lights




Description
Inspiration wise, this image involves none. Basically, I saw an image I liked and just went nuts. I find it turned out not too bad, aside from my randomness and experimentation resulting in a messy and busy piece. 

How did I do this sorcery?
Four different versions of the same image. This was basically a c4d spam (cinema 4d image developer) and I used the pentool and random images to add some added effects. I outlined cracks in the ground, and specific effects throughout that I felt should have been more bold. I did my best to make the guy stand out, and not disappear in the insane randomness of the light effects.

Top Left: More dramatic, abstract look. In this image I took my finalized one from before and added multiple "artistic stroked" applied images, setting them to screen, lighten, and overlay. Somehow that resulted in a black/blue colour scheme in which I added some photo filters to even out the tone

Top Right: For this version, I simply cut the finalized image into several blocks, changing the hue and adding gradient maps. I also inverted 3 of the blocks, because I'm just lazy and awesome like that.

Bottom Left: This one was mostly contrast blasting. I added blue and orange gradient maps, messed around with the hue, and added a few photo filters, and messed with the curves, levels, and exposure.

Bottom Right: Basically a repeat of the one to its left, but this time I used lighter, more unappealing to the eye colours, and increased the offset to wash out the colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment