Blog Archive

Monday, October 22, 2012

Deadmau5






Description
If you don't recognize this right away, shame on you! Tribute to one of my favourite musical artists, Deadmau5. This was done in a graphic design class, where we had to create an image out of words. I was listening to one of his songs at the time, and HAD to make something of it. This was done entirely of song and album titles by Deadmau5

This Is How We Do It!
I started off by drawing the outline of my image (ears and head red, eyes and mouth white). Then I followed up by just writing the titles at random across the image, guess the length and space it would take up. All I did after that was warp the text using..brace yourself... "warp text" tool. I mainly used the upper and lower arch to match the general, circular shape of the image. I then did some simple shading to give it more depth and try to make it more interesting. I did this by adding an applied image of a specific area, and drew a FG-transparent gradient map over a selection of the applied image.

No comments:

Post a Comment