Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

First Human Vector

 Here we have version one of my very first vector attempt. No fancy backgrounds or funk designs flailing out from his head/face, just a fairly clean look at my friend from a flat, vectored perspective.
Here we have the opposite of everything I just said. Flailing designs and a touch of blue included. Which is more interesting? That question depends entirely on the personality of the person viewing it.











How It's DONE
You're probably wondering how I achieved something so amazing as this. Wait, you're not? Well I shall express this info to you through text despite what you replied with in your minds.

For this, I had an image reference. Using the pentool, I traced along the edges of his face creating a solid colour shadow of his neck/head. The rest was also done entirely with the pentool, just adding new layers on top of new layers on top of new layers on top of ne- you get the point. All in all, very time consuming, but I will surely do it again.

For the background, I drew a few circles just using the circle selection tool. I used an illustration from a "Lucid Arts" pack that I downloaded as a reference to the designs flowing from behind. I used a blue duplicate of the design to match his glasses. In the end, I applied everything to one layer and made a basic, white outline to help it stand out. His name was just a scribble of my tablet. Sorry, *beautiful* scribble of my tablet, also included in on the white outline fun.


Feel free to critique, or give me your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment