Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tattoo God

Why?
The reason I started making this in general was for a SOTW(signature of the week competition) on fringefx.net. The idea just popped into my head from the start, no real inspiration. All I knew is that I wanted his hand to be shooting out ink.....and then came the needle.... and then came his body tattoos...and then came his melting arm...and then came OWLS.
What Was Edited
I did a few time consuming things with this piece. Starting with the fact that yes, his arm is a needle and yes the intent was to have it be shooting out ink. I simply chopped up his arm and blurred/burned around the edges, filling the spaces in between with cut out pieces of the needle image. The tattoo is an overlayed design, the real time consuming part of this portion was making the tattoo come out into a solid gradient by his top left shoulder. I threw in some splatter clipping masks and played around with several images for the background. Why owls? Why not? I asked my friend to tell me something random (or something along those lines) and they said "OWLS" so i used owls.


No comments:

Post a Comment